Oswestry Cemetery Fees
The fees and payments below apply where the person to be interred or in respect of whom the right is granted is, or immediately before the death was, an inhabitant or a parishioner of Oswestry Town or within the last five years their last place of private residence was in the Oswestry Town area.
In all other respects fees and payments will be doubled.
Exclusive right of burial and first interment in a grave in a triple depth plot:
- First interment – £1575
- Second interment – £ 828.50
- Third interment – £ 556.50
Exclusive right of burial and first interment in a grave in a single or double depth plot:
- First interment – £1511
- Second interment – £ 829.50
Internment in the garden of rest / garden of remembrance:
- Exclusive right of burial and first interment of cremated remains – £825.50
- Subsequent internments – £518
For the right to construct and for the exclusive right of burial in a walled grave or vault, please contact the Cemetery Superintendent to discuss your requirements.
Monuments, Gravestones, Tablets and Monumental inscriptions. For the right to erect or place on a grave or vault for which an exclusive right or burial has been granted:
- Headstone or cross of an approved type but not exceeding 4ft high – £173.50
- Vase, not exceeding 12 inches in height – £79
- Tablet on any grave or vault not exceeding 15×18”- £84
For the right to erect or place on a grave in the garden of remembrance for which an exclusive right or burial has been granted:
- Slate tablet not exceeding 12×10” – £84
- Slate plaque on memorial wall – £84
- First Inscription is included with the headstone /Tablet.
- Later additional inscriptions – £73.50
Use of Cemetery Chapel for funerals – £150
Infants And Young People
No fees are charged for the interment, or in respect of the right of burial, of an infant or young person (to 16 years of age) who was, an inhabitant or a parishioner of Oswestry Town or within the last five years their last place of private residence was in the Oswestry Town area.
Please note that rebates will be made in respect of infants and young people who was not an inhabitant or a parishioner, but double fees will apply.
For further information contact [email protected] or call 01691 680222