Subject to annual review, Oswestry Town Council will provide funding for groups/ organisations to apply for each year. The purpose of application must comply with prevailing local government legislation or provide direct benefit to the town of Oswestry or some of its inhabitants.
Priority will be given to applications from organisations based in and/or delivering a service to the Oswestry community.
The Council cannot make grants to individuals or national charities.
The Council will also avoid duplication of funding. Where the Council is already providing funding for particular types of activity, it will not normally consider funding groups/organisations which are primarily duplicating this activity. Please feel free to contact Council staff at the Guildhall if you require assistance or advice in applying. It is possible to make an application on-line. Again please contact the Guildhall for details.
All applications must be set out in a format required by the Council. In the case of larger grant applications, these must be supported by information about the organisation, provide a copy of your constitution and be accompanied with a recent statement of audited accounts.
- This flexible scheme is available to local groups and organisations.
- It is envisaged that funding will be for revenue purposes such as meeting the cost of room hire for an event, purchase of equipment etc.
- We aim to provide a decision on your application within two calendar months of receipt.
- An upper limit of £100 is applicable per grant application.
- An application form, available from the Guildhall, must be completed.
- Successful applicants must be prepared to participate in any publicity requested by the Council.
- The Small Grants Scheme will be administered by the Finance and General Purposes Committee of the Council.
- The scheme will be available until allocated funding for the year is exhausted.
- The Council will require within six months a brief outline of the benefits to the community of the grant. Failure to comply may result in non determination of future applications.
- Applications will be assessed to ensure compliance with the corporate objectives of the Council, namely to assist local clubs, societies and organisations to develop and achieve their respective aims and objectives where these benefit the town and the local community.
- Where the Council is funding particular services or activity, it will not normally consider funding groups/organisations that require duplication.
- The Council prefer applications for assistance with capital funding needs rather than revenue costs (wages and salaries etc). Revenue funding, if agreed, may be time limited and should not therefore be budgeted by any organisation on an annual basis.
- Applications will be considered for grants of over £100 with no upper limit.
- Applications will be determined on three occasions in the year by Oswestry Town Council. The scheme will be available until the allocated funding for the year is exhausted.
- An application form, available from the Guildhall, must be completed. An on-line copy can be requested. The application must include your most recent audited accounts and constitution. No application will be considered without supporting financial information.
- Successful applicants must be prepared to participate in any publicity required by the Council.
- The Council will require within six months a brief outline of the benefits to the community of the grant. Failure to provide a report may result in non determination of any future application.
The Council will expect to see evidence of investigation into alternative funding sources and details of funding, or promises, secured from other national and local sources.