NOTICE OF ELECTION ELECTION
1. An Election is to be held of One Town Councillor for Oswestry Town Council (Cambrian Ward).
2. Forms of nomination for the Parish Election may be obtained from Clerk to Parish Council or Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6ND from the Returning Officer who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area prepare a nomination paper for signature.
3. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6ND on any day after the date of this notice but no later than 04:00 pm on Friday, 9th February 2018.
4. If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 8th March 2018.
5. Electors should take note that:
(a) For new postal applications or for amendments to or cancellations of existing postal or postal proxy vote records. Applications must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6ND by 05:00 pm on Wednesday, 21st February 2018.
(b) For new proxy applications and for amendments to or cancellation of existing proxy vote records by 05:00 pm on Wednesday, 28th February 2018.
If they are to be effective for this election.
Dated Thursday 1 February 2018
Printed and published by the Returning Officer, Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6ND
If you wish to discuss this article with the council or simply share your views about the article's content, then please contact us.